Regional Operations Manager – IPFA
Please note that this is a temporary maternity cover role (11 months)
Main purpose of the role:
This role will be specifically responsible for the development and operational activities of the Continental Europe, the Nordic Regions and Turkey branches. The role will primarily plan a pipeline of events and training programmes; oversee all business development related activities to these regions, specifically building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, growing membership and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
If you are interested in this role, please continue to read the main duties and responsibilities and then send us through your CV, a brief summary of why you would be suited for this role and your salary expectations.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Events and Training:
- Create and manage the event pipelines for each branch
- Produce agendas and coordinate logistics for events in these regions from initial concept to finished product, working on multiple sessions simultaneously
- Liaise with member hosts via frequent email and telephone contact to ensure the smooth running of the session
- Create and send event marketing emails
- Coordinate speaker invitations to formalise agendas
- Organise participant teleconferences in preparation for each event
- Coordinate presentations, forms, spreadsheets and other administrative documentation required, as follows: process event registrations; keep the events overview spreadsheet regularly updated; manage invitee lists – work closely with your membership colleagues to ensure the correct procedure regarding membership status and attendance eligibility is followed; ensure website is fully up to date with relevant information regarding your events
- Produce marketing material for each event i.e. IPFA update slides and IPFA regional flyers
- Maximise attendance at our meetings globally
- Establish a formal feedback process for events, webinars and training from which we can obtain information from both hosts and attendees as to how to improve future events, possible hot topics, hosting interest, etc.
- Work with trainers and team administrator for IPFA Training Courses to ensure training and related materials are delivered to a high quality
- Liaise with trainers to ensure materials, i.e. slides are created and provided in advance
- Manage Branch Councils and Future Leader Network Committees to assist in the development of the region, including assistance on topics, event agendas and branch development
- Respond to membership queries
- Establish mutually beneficial long-term relationships with existing members and potential members in your regions via regular face-to-face meetings and phone calls
- Research of the market through online resources and existing IPFA members meetings and calls
- Work closely with external events and marketing contacts and senior contacts within the industry.
- Travel to and represent the organisation, at events nationally and internationally, where appropriate.
- Networking at internal and external events to develop relationships with industry contacts
- Use CRM system to record communications with members and potential members
- Assist as and when required, with any other office duties which may arise.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an events or business development role within a corporate business, sales/marketing or professional services environment, ideally working with senior decision makers.
- Excellent working knowledge of key areas such as events management, marketing etc.
- Fluent in English. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able and willing to travel internationally
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Educated to degree level
- Fluent in another language besides English
- Additional marketing qualifications
- Experience in the project finance industry or for a membership association
- Outstanding time management, project management and organisational skills
- Strong networking ability, able to establish, maintain and leverage a network of internal and external contacts
- The ability to develop and manage relationships both internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to respond efficiently and effectively to queries and requests from team members, other managers and clients
- Maintains a high level of accuracy when working under pressure and to tight timescales
- Proactive, creative and imaginative problem-solver
- Keen desire for continuous improvement
- Empathetic, clear and confident communicator with people at all levels and in varying situations
- Ability to recognise situations which need escalating to a more senior member of the team
- Keeps manager regularly informed of activities and tasks
- Ability to work effectively on own or within a team
- Enjoys hitting deadlines and working towards achieving milestones
- Friendly, personable, positive approach
- Not fazed by unpredictable workload and changing demands
- Welcomes working with creative and entrepreneurial characters
To apply, please send your CV to Carrie Reid.