Associate Director, Korean Corporates – S&P Global
The Role: You will act in a senior analytical position (covering the Korean industry), covering a portfolio of leading regional corporate issuers. As a primary analyst for credits in the corporate sectors for the Korean market, you will not only perform analytical work and write reports, but also demonstrate your analytical insight to internal and external audiences in an international working environment.
The Impact: You will analyze original, non-routine and complex situations in a timely, orderly and insightful manner. Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of industry trends and issues.
The Career Opportunity: This is a great opportunity for experienced professionals within the financial industry to lead criteria and analytical projects, participating in determining department strategies and priorities.
The Team / The Business: You will be part of a global and multicultural team.
Your Skills: Bachelor degree is required, and MBA or CFA is preferable. You must have a good understanding of financial markets, business environment and relevant regulations of the Korean market.
Our Hiring Manager says: “I’m looking for the kind of person who has significant experience within the financial industry. You will play a key role within the Analytical team assisting resolving clients’ needs and assessing clients’ quarterly financial projections and business plan.”
- Primary analyst for a portfolio of Corporate credits in Korea
- Actively participate in rating committees. Present findings and opinions to a rating committee
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of corporations to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions
- Actively participate in regional and global analytical work groups to maintain and enhance our analytical industry expertise
- Prepare a variety of materials suitable for publication (rating reports, press releases) to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis
- Prepare commentaries/ papers on areas of expertise for publication
- Participate actively in publishing and sector outreach activities
- Share knowledge/ participate in initiatives to improve group operations (through sharing analytical expertise, coaching to more junior staff, project work)
- Act as back-up analyst as required by team leader, attending meetings in support of colleagues, providing cover for colleagues who are temporarily unavailable due to holidays or business travel
- Cooperate with non-analytical staff to ensure that the process dimension of the analytical process is properly executed
- Demonstrate service excellence and professionalism towards external and internal clients.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economic, Business, Accounting or related studies
- Holds a designation in CFA, FRM or CPA is preferred
- With 8-10 years of significant experience in financial services, credit or a relevant industry sector
- Knowledge: With strong analytical capability – either strong credit analysis background
- Personal skills: strong verbal and written communication skills, team player, good time management Language: Fluent in written and spoken English and Korean – Mandarin will be a plus however not mandatory
- Ability to handle multi tasks or projects with tight timeline
- Ability to meet regular surveillance timeliness needs and also to act on ad hoc or unexpected events and projects
- Ability to tackle heavy workload with limited resources
- Ability to solve common problem without cooperation or control over other teams (include non-analytical team)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice
Kindly formally apply for the role (Job ID: 229917) online via their Careers Website where you can also learn more about the company and the benefits of working at S&P Global.